Well played to Keith Dudeney who has won Class 1 Trio No.138 with a score of 3.5/4 – Keith is awarded 2 BCCA Candidate Master Points and is now playing in Class 2
Congratulations to ‘New Member’ Pablo Moujan on winning Class 1 Trio No.137 with a perfect score of 4/4. Pablo is now promoted to Class 2 and will receive his first 2 BCCA Candidate Master Points (20 needed to gain the title)
Mark Eldridge with the Sicilian Chess set donated by Regency Chess Company which he received as part of his prize for winning the Tournament. Marks was delighted with the quality of the set and commented “Thank you for the donation of this Chess set it is the best I have every owned, truly magnificent.” BCCA would also like to express their appreciation of the support extended to the Club by Regency Chess who have gone the extra mile for Mark.
Membership renewal is now open for the 2015/16 season on the website. Look out for the new ‘Free to Enter’ Rapid Play Cup which is on the renewal form. Pay your membership fee and make your choice of seasonal tournaments on the payment page. Don’t delay do it today. New Members are also welcome at anytime.
We have just reached this milestone in the Webserver Trios Tournament and would like to thank all the members who have taken part and continue to support the tournament. If you are chasing your BCCA Titles the Trio’s tournament is a good source of BCM and BM Points in Class 3.
From June 1st, members can begin to renew their membership for next season and start to book their tournaments.
Your membership renewal form will be sent out with the latest magazine in the next 2 or 3 weeks but, for the first time, members now have the option to renew online, select their tournaments for next season, and pay online.
Go to Membership Renewal and complete all required details on completion you will be taken to the payment page where you can add your tournament selections and complete your purchase – couldn’t be easier.
Some things to note for next season:-
* The BCCA Championship now entirely webserver! There was a large increase in entries last season because of this coming change so the tournament this season promises to be even better – don’t miss out!
* Some BCCA tournaments cannot be switched to webserver because of their unique nature – the Endgame Tournament and the Gambit & Counter-Gambit tournaments. However, for the first time, you can now enter these & select an E-mail only section! This is fantastic news for players giving you the opportunity to play in these special tournaments without having to play by expensive post. So, if you haven’t tried these before, give them a go!
* Do you realise you can play in the BCCA Handicap tournament & ask for E-mail only pairings? Yes, you can! You can wait for the Renewal form to specify or you can use the link to e-mail the Handicap Controller on the Payment Page.
* You can also order your BCCA Stationery online as a separate transaction unfortunately for technical reasons it cannot be combined with your renewal payment. BCCA Stationary Order .
* Would you like to play for BCCA in Team Matches? It’s free! And you can select E-mail or Webserver only options if you wish. All on the Membership Renewal page.
If you have any questions, use the “Contact Us” facility.
“128 pages of history and games giving a full account of the first hundred years of the BCCA. Highly recommended for those seeking a deeper insight into the traditions and events of the world’s oldest continuous correspondence chess organisation. Original cover price £10.00; now on Special Offer at just £6.00 including posting & packing! (For UK buyers only; overseas buyers will be given price upon request).” Click here for more details
The download page is now available at the end of the members section and all completed Webserver Trios are now available for download in Chessbase and PGN format as well as the Armitage Memorial games – check it out here
Many thanks to Neil Limbert (BCCA magazine Editor) who has produced a brief history of BCCA for the website which is now available to view on the ‘About Us‘ page and via this link It makes an excellent read and provides useful background to the club – especially for new members.