The BCCA is launching a new tournament, the BCCA Continuous, which, in accordance with its name, is intended to run continuously. Subject to ICCF approval, it will be ICCF rated with a proposed start date of 15th June 2023.
- The tournament will follow all ICCF rules, but there are no title norms available.
- Entry is only open to BCCA members.
- There is an entry fee of £4 to cover one entry to a preliminary section and any semi-finals and Final relating to qualification from that preliminary event.
- There will be three sections:
- Preliminary groups of five players (double round all play all)
- Semi Final Groups of seven players (double round all play all)
- Final groups of eleven players (single round all play all)
- The ICCF Triple Block time control will be used in all sections, with 350 days in the Preliminary and Semi Final Sections and 550 in finals.
- Sections will be formed continuously with no seeding.
- All players will start in a preliminary section (multiple entries allowed).
- Winners of each section (with a plus score) will proceed to the next higher section.
- Winners will be determined using all ICCF tie breaks (where there is a multiple tie after all tie breaks have been applied all players will qualify).
- There will be a prize fund as follows:Winner of a preliminary section £10Winner of a Semi Final section £25
Winner of a final £200, second place £100, third place £50.
The tournament organiser is Keith Kitson. Further information can be obtained by contacting Keith.