Ron Cooper has recently started a new section in this popular tournament:-
Remember Email Tournaments are free to enter and part of the membership benefits package. A section winners tournament will be held periodically. See the Tournament Page for more details
From June 1st, members can begin to renew their membership for next season and start to book their tournaments.
Your membership renewal form will be sent out with the latest magazine in the next 2 or 3 weeks but, for the first time, members now have the option to renew online, select their tournaments for next season, and pay online.
Go to Membership Renewal and complete all required details on completion you will be taken to the payment page where you can add your tournament selections and complete your purchase – couldn’t be easier.
Some things to note for next season:-
* The BCCA Championship now entirely webserver! There was a large increase in entries last season because of this coming change so the tournament this season promises to be even better – don’t miss out!
* Some BCCA tournaments cannot be switched to webserver because of their unique nature – the Endgame Tournament and the Gambit & Counter-Gambit tournaments. However, for the first time, you can now enter these & select an E-mail only section! This is fantastic news for players giving you the opportunity to play in these special tournaments without having to play by expensive post. So, if you haven’t tried these before, give them a go!
* Do you realise you can play in the BCCA Handicap tournament & ask for E-mail only pairings? Yes, you can! You can wait for the Renewal form to specify or you can use the link to e-mail the Handicap Controller on the Payment Page.
* You can also order your BCCA Stationery online as a separate transaction unfortunately for technical reasons it cannot be combined with your renewal payment. BCCA Stationary Order .
* Would you like to play for BCCA in Team Matches? It’s free! And you can select E-mail or Webserver only options if you wish. All on the Membership Renewal page.
If you have any questions, use the “Contact Us” facility.
Don’t delay – renew today!”
Congratulations to Ron Cooper who has won the Class 2 Trio with a score of 3.5/4. Ron is now promoted to Class 3 where he will face David Coyne and Neil Jefferson in the first Class 3 Trio. Ron also receives 5 BCCA Candidate Master Points. Colin Glanville remains in Class 2 awaiting new opponents and David Cook goes back to Class 1.
Tourney A has been won by Frank McMahon and Tourney B by Allan Gardner, congratulations to both players. For full details click here
Congratulations to Kevin Eansworth on winning the tournament with an excellent score of 8/10. Kevin receives an engraved Bronze Medal and seven BCCA Candidate Master Points. For the full cross table please cllick here
“128 pages of history and games giving a full account of the first hundred years of the BCCA. Highly recommended for those seeking a deeper insight into the traditions and events of the world’s oldest continuous correspondence chess organisation. Original cover price £10.00; now on Special Offer at just £6.00 including posting & packing! (For UK buyers only; overseas buyers will be given price upon request).” Click here for more details
The download page is now available at the end of the members section and all completed Webserver Trios are now available for download in Chessbase and PGN format as well as the Armitage Memorial games – check it out here
The 6th and last Webserver final is finely balanced with 17 games left and 6 players still in contention. Anthony Balshaw is fighting hard to make it a hat trick of wins but the competition is fierce. Check out the latest position here
Neil Limbert and I have been working to develop a download facility for completed BCCA tournaments, a number of members have asked about this and we are pleased to announce that we can now make them available in PGN & Chessbase (Archive) formats. the idea is to make them available as separate databases once a quarter and then combine them in to one archive database at the end of each year.
The first two are the ‘Armitage Memorial Tournament’ which consists of 94 games, many of which have been annotated, played between 2008 & 2010
Chessbase FormatPGN Format
We hope this new facility we prove interesting and useful. It is always good to get a feel for a new opponents style of play and as the database develops it should be a good reference source in the future.
David Cook is the winner of Class 1 Trio 15 (BCCA/C1/TR/15) and is promoted to Class 2. David drew with Guy Whitehouse on 3/4 with equal SB scores, Guy however is just starting some county matches so asked that David go through. For full details of all Trio Winners go to the Results Page